With Tesla’s recent introduction of the upgraded Model 3 to Malaysia, the public can now configure their Model 3 online through Tesla.com/en_my, with an estimated first delivery in late 2023.
For existing Model Y owners who have already ordered a vehicle before September 1, 2023 (estimated delivery in early 2024), Tesla is now giving an option for these customers to switch their orders from the all-electric SUV to the all-electric sedan. Customers can now submit a cancellation and request a refund with their original order fee fully refunded for a new order to the Model 3 on or before 15th September. Here are the steps as communicated by Tesla Malaysia:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by providing your original Model Y order reference number and your new Model 3 reference number.
In order for your refund request to be considered, the following criteria must be met in full:
- You must have an active Model Y order placed before 1 Sep 2023.
- You must have placed a new Model 3 order.
- Both your Model Y and your new Model 3 orders are placed under the same Tesla Account, verified by the same email address.
- Both orders must be placed for Malaysia.
- Your refund request must be sent to us by 15 Sep 2023 and will only be processed once. This arrangement is made out of goodwill, and Tesla reserves the right of interpretation and change at Tesla’s sole discretion. Once your request is approved, it may take up to 30 working days for it to be reflected on your credit card statement.
For any enquiries, customers can contact Tesla Malaysia at 1800810655 or email@example.com